4 medium sweet potatoes
1 x 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
Cumin, coriander, cinnamon, paprika, sea salt as needed
GARLIC HERB SAUCE:
1/4 cup hummus
juice of 1/2 lemon (~1 Tbsp)
1 tsp dried dill (or sub 2-3 tsp fresh)
3 cloves garlic, minced
unsweetened almond milk to thin
Sea salt as needed
GARNISH: (as much as you want)
Cherry tomatoes, diced
- Cut sweet potatoes in half length wise, lightly coat with olive oil, and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30min
- Also bake chickpeas lightly coated with olive oil and spices at the same time.
- While the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are roasting, prepare your sauce by adding all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine, only adding almond milk to thin so it’s pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Also prepare the parsley-tomato topping by marinating tomato and parsley with lemon juice and setting aside.
- Once sweet potatoes are fork tender and the chickpeas are golden brown ( approx 25 minutes) remove from oven.
- Top sweet potatoes with chickpeas, garlic herb sauce and parsley-tomato garnish. Serve immediately.